Entrepreneurship is one of the tracks within 3+1 Program in Binus University, with the objective is to develop the entrepreneurial spirit of students starting from college. In this program, students will experience the learning process that is very useful when decide to run business.
Benefits of the program for Students:
- Having a Business which should be monetized before you graduates
- Will be accompanied to identify the potential market, linkage to vendors, supporting on monetizing, looking for investors, guiding to compete with competitors, during the program
- Hands on and experience learning with real industry problem
- Expose to many entrepreneurship events and informations
- Potential being supported by investors which already by internal coaches, lecturers and mentors
- Product prototype can be used as a thesis topic
- Being guided to have potential income before graduates
Learning process within 3+1 Entrepreneurship program consists of 3 main processes: Build – Measure – Learn. The activities in Build Process are doing the customer need validation and making a prototype. In Measure Process, Busniess Validation must be done before benchmark to the similar business. In last process – Learn – there are Incubator network prosess and followed by Market Testing.
In the stage of Business Validation or “Pitch Deck”, there are some parties involved, including internal campus such as lecturers and coaches, and from the external campus as an observer and mentor. The first Pitch Deck involving external party held on 30 March 2016, with Fenox Venture Capital as an observer. They gave some feedbacks for the business ideas presented by more than 10 groups. Some of them are: Food in, Tripa, Remora, Get Talent, Temutemu,Secondlife, Fade, Fotosintesis, Dominant, Endorsepin, Tomebel, etc.
In this event, International Business Management also participated through 2 groups selected to give presentation. They are: Fotosintesis (a marketplace for photography business) and Dominant (a custom shoes business).
Feedback from Fenox gave results of 4 best groups in some categories as follow:
- Get Talent (connecting employees and HR Dept) as the best pitch delivery
- Remora (medical information) as the best market information
- Parkir in, as the best pitch deck
- 2nd Life (connect everyone thru music), as the most unique ideas
Most of those groups are come from Information Technology program (IT). However, the external feedback from Fenox Venture Capital is expected to push the spirit of all participants to improve their ability and quality in developing its business.
Published at :