The dual study program in Management and Information Systems which combine Management and Information System subjects, aims to anticipate the knowledge based economy in the future characterized by the use of IT application. Information Technology in the business world has shifted towards a more outward looking character and focused on the increased competition in free market. Information technology and the business world are closely related considering that Information technology and Information Systems share the role of supporting the organizational activities. They do this by increasing the efficiency of the internal processes in a company and by strengthening the competitiveness of the company, as well as by contributing to the problem solving and decision-making by management.
Enhancing the sustainability of local and global community through research and innovation in e-business
The mission of Management – Information System program is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by :
- Educating student in the development of ability to analyze, design, implement and manage a business innovatively through information technology especially in asia business management and create readiness to lead the work in various fields both nationally and internationally with good quality of leadership
- Providing solid learning experience by collaborating with prestigious industry through creating the most creative and value added talents of leaders for global community as well as conducting professional services to improve the quality of life
- Providing high impact research to enhance the sustainability growth of local and international community
The objectives of the program are :
- To provide student with solid foundation of system development skill and knowledge to applied skills and ability that they will need as system analyst
- To provide students with fundamental knowledge in Management Science and Business that they will need in management practices
- To provide students with Management and Business skills integrated with IT and High Impact Research (business, management, marketing, fincance and business organization), providing adequate tools for business analysis in this areas
- To prepare students with skills and knowledge in depth information system related with e business
At the end of the program, graduates will be able to :
- Illustrate a good knowledge about the framework of information system
- Analyze information requirements and business process
- Design system that area aligned with organizational goals
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of management practices
- Interpret and analyze current global business condition
- Demonstrate and apply critical thinking in current business cases, plan research programs for problem solving in business
- Analyze e business strategy
- Analyze, design and implement e-business technology and application
Prospective Career of the Graduate
Possible professions for graduates include Financial Corporate Planner in the field of Financial Management, Business/Entrepreneur design, Managerial, Corporate Information Systems and e-Business. Additional professions include: Entrepreneurship, Finance director, Information Systems department manager, Manager of Information Systems development project, Systems design, and IT/IS consultant.
The dual study program for Management and Information Systems developed its curriculum based on the Vision and Mission of UBINUS. The curriculum has been influenced by the ACM, namely ISSC‟99 (Information System-Centric. Curriculum‟99 for educating the Next generation of Information Systems Specialists, in collaboration with industry) and the curriculum of foreign universities that have international reputation in Management study programs and business.